What can I do to help?
Sep 19, 2003
Hello, I am a 14 year old who is HIV negative. I have never had a friend who is HIV possitive, but from what I've heard, not alot of them do. I was wondering, besides all the medication and eveything, do you think being a friend to a HIV possitive patient will substantially help a HIV patient with his treatment?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and interest in HIV.
We know that the better the support that a HIV-infected person has, the better the likelihood that they'll do well. To this extent, being a friend won't just be a nice thing; you could really improve someones life expectancy too. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.