What can I do to help?
Sep 19, 2003
Hello, I am a 14 year old who is HIV negative. I have never had a friend who is HIV possitive, but from what I've heard, not alot of them do. I was wondering, besides all the medication and eveything, do you think being a friend to a HIV possitive patient will substantially help a HIV patient with his treatment?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and interest in HIV.
We know that the better the support that a HIV-infected person has, the better the likelihood that they'll do well. To this extent, being a friend won't just be a nice thing; you could really improve someones life expectancy too. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.