Life Expectancy

I have just tested positive in the last 90 days. I have the opportunity to participate in a study if I start medication right away. Are there any strong concerns as why this might eliminate the effectiveness of medications down the road? My T cells are 32 or around 490 and my Viral load is around 100,000.

In addition, what would the average life expectancy be for someone diagnosed given what we now know on treating HIV? Thanks

Provided that the medications that are part of the study have good activity against your virus (a drug resistance test is a very good idea for the recently infected, since in many parts of the US, over 8% of newbies have acquired some level of resistance) and your able to be very adherent to the medications (meaning that you shouldn't become drug resistant), then starting medications now shouldn't limit the effectiveness of future options.

Your life expectancy should be essentially normal- I won't go into details here, but would encourage you to review other posts on the same topic.

Good luck and long health. BY

travelling and meds
low VL and low CD4, start now?