back and forth

Hey Doc, positive from an encounter 2 years ago have been seeing a doctor every 3 months for tests- am not on meds at present- viral count low cd4 high- my porblem is my work is in Japan but my doctor in the states- at present every three months I go back for the appointments and tests then fly back- I follow my doctors advice one hundred per cent- thankfully at present have no symptoms and doctor is happy with my condition- what I want to know is am i risking my future health by continuing to work in Japan and only seeing my doctor when he schedules appointments? At present all is fine but should I be seeing him more than once every three months? I worry that he might not pick up a developing condition that will afflict me in between our regular appointments? Could you give me some advice one what you think I should do? Any help is wonderful Doc

Truly thankyou very much

From what you've described, it'd be fine to come back to the States to get your routine monitoring. You could even get your lab test drawn in Japan and have the results reviewed by your US doc, if that freed up travel.

Either way, Asia or the Americas, getting tests drawn every three to four months is the best way to make sure that nothing significant is going on from a HIV perspective. BY

excellent adherence
Dr. Pierone, why did you leave out "E" as one of the M Group subtype infections?