The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

back and forth
Sep 19, 2003

Hey Doc, positive from an encounter 2 years ago have been seeing a doctor every 3 months for tests- am not on meds at present- viral count low cd4 high- my porblem is my work is in Japan but my doctor in the states- at present every three months I go back for the appointments and tests then fly back- I follow my doctors advice one hundred per cent- thankfully at present have no symptoms and doctor is happy with my condition- what I want to know is am i risking my future health by continuing to work in Japan and only seeing my doctor when he schedules appointments? At present all is fine but should I be seeing him more than once every three months? I worry that he might not pick up a developing condition that will afflict me in between our regular appointments? Could you give me some advice one what you think I should do? Any help is wonderful Doc

Truly thankyou very much

Response from Dr. Young

From what you've described, it'd be fine to come back to the States to get your routine monitoring. You could even get your lab test drawn in Japan and have the results reviewed by your US doc, if that freed up travel.

Either way, Asia or the Americas, getting tests drawn every three to four months is the best way to make sure that nothing significant is going on from a HIV perspective. BY

excellent adherence
Dr. Pierone, why did you leave out "E" as one of the M Group subtype infections?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint