RE: wasted GUMS
Sep 15, 2003
Thank you for your earlier reply on the wasted gums question. But I was referring to wasting of the gums resulting from wasting syndrome in general, not poor dental health in general. Does wasting of the body include wasting of the gums?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Classically it does not, but as wasting progresses the nutritional and metabolic problems may lead to problems with gum wasting and an increased risk for gun related disease which may exacerbate the problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Muscle Ache?
- Is Testicular Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.