RE: wasted GUMS
Sep 15, 2003
Thank you for your earlier reply on the wasted gums question. But I was referring to wasting of the gums resulting from wasting syndrome in general, not poor dental health in general. Does wasting of the body include wasting of the gums?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Classically it does not, but as wasting progresses the nutritional and metabolic problems may lead to problems with gum wasting and an increased risk for gun related disease which may exacerbate the problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Is Stinging Pain A Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.