HIV+ Where do I go from here?

I was recently diagnosed HIV+ and I am completely paralysed as to what to do. I do not even know my CD4 count. I started taking vitamins to boost my immune system, but have not started any HIV medication. Can you advise me what my next step should be in dealing with this disease. Also, where can I find a good treatment centre where I can get a complete evaluation of my condition, and a variety of treatment options.

Learning you are HIV+ is usually very difficult and many people do become paralyzed with fear and worry. But, you do need to take charge. Knowledge IS power. Find out you lab results so YOU can make the decisions you must make to prevent this virus from harming another one of your T-cells. Putting your head in the sand is fine if you happen to be a very large flightless bird but it is foolish when you have a treatable infection that with treatment can be kept at bay for years if not decades.

Where you can get help depends on where you live (we get emails from China, India, Bosnia, the UK, the US . basically everywhere except, so far, Antarctica). To find resources use the skills that got you to me. Search 'HIV' and your hometown's name in a good search engine. DW

Flu Vaccine Pros and Cons
why Kaletra?