cancerous lumps

I have felt my lymph nodes in the far back of my mouth behind my toungue and there are large many bumps in the area, behind te tounge and not visible in the mouth. Is this a cancer? and can it spread? I sometimes feel whole body weakness. I have scheduled a full body scan, and i am taking rest and good diet. thank you

Mike

Yikes, how can you feel anything back that far without gagging? Never mind. The large bumps on the back of the tongue are taste buds and are normal structures. There is lymphoid tissue in the back of the throat (tonsils and adenoids) that you may be feeling as well. Many persons with untreated HIV infection have lymph node enlargement and this can include the tonsils. Very unlikely for this to be cancer, but an ENT (ears, nose, throat) doctor would be an appropriate starting place. Good luck.

liver cysts due to meds?
new info on potential drug