excercise and diet

Dr

I am the same person from India who is now feeling somewhat comfortable except the weeping and crying with the good encouragement from my friend the great Dr young and of course equally you .

Doctor, I m only doing daily 30 minutes walking in the morning say around 630am and not any exercises. Can you suggest some small exercises which I can do in the park? Similarly diet can you give me some tips. Say vitamin a or b or c which to be used more. I am more a vegetarian that means eats more vegetables and fish or chicken or eggs only once in month. Doctor, I will not trouble you in the few weeks. Please give me some help on these two areas. Thanks once again for the great support from you and Dr Young. Honestly other wise I would have broken

Thanks again

Diet and exercise are critical components of good health.

Let's start with exercise, this is easy. Everyone should be on a daily exercise program that combines aerobics, weight training, stretching. How long? At least 30 minutes but up to one hour if you can get away with it. The daily exercise program should be put on hold if you are ill with a cold or viral type infection.

What about diet? Also important, but we don't have clear evidence to guide us on the best type of diet to promote health. One fact that has emerged in a number of studies is that vegetarians have better health outcomes than non-vegetarians. So there is medical justification for your decision to eschew meat. Does this mean the meat-eaters are doomed to an earlier death? No, many non-vegetarians lead long healthful lives; we do have the option to eat meat and have long-term health and vitality.

On a personal note, I was a vegetarian for several years until my wife (a cardiologist) said I was "too damn boring" to go out to dinner with. So I relaxed my rules about food and gave up my experiment for the sake of marital harmony.

From a common sense perspective a balanced diet seems best. Vary food choices and groups and don't overeat. Some people that are diagnosed with HIV think that they are going to develop wasting syndrome and purposefully put on weight by overeating. This addition of body fat has no health benefits and is really detrimental.

Hope this helps. GP

having children
medical students question