Sep 5, 2003
Can a person with HIV have children without exposing the woman to the virus? For example, artifical insemination with the virus separarated out?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
There are programs that attempt to reduce the risk of HIV transmission through artificial insemination using sperm washing or other techniques. Italy, where 65 year old women have been made pregnant, is a leader in this area - see this report from our friends over at NATAP http://www.natap.org/2002/august/082702_1.htm DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.