Sep 5, 2003
Can a person with HIV have children without exposing the woman to the virus? For example, artifical insemination with the virus separarated out?
Response from Dr. Wohl
There are programs that attempt to reduce the risk of HIV transmission through artificial insemination using sperm washing or other techniques. Italy, where 65 year old women have been made pregnant, is a leader in this area - see this report from our friends over at NATAP http://www.natap.org/2002/august/082702_1.htm DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Mouth Mean I Have Hiv?
- White Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.