Sep 5, 2003
From what I understand the type of HIV infected by IV drug users homosexuals is more virulent than that of heterosexuals and more difficult to treat. More research is likely needed here or perhaps it is merely correlative data.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I am unaware of data suggesting there are differences in the virulence of HIV infecting persons who acquire their infection via needle sharing versus sex. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.