Diagnosed today with Antigen p24 - please help

I was diagosed as positive in a Antigen p24 test today and know that the transmission took place during unprotected sex about 4 weeks ago. I have heard that very early treatment can lead to the virus disappearing - Is this true???? Also how reliable is the P24 test?? I would really appreciate your help.

The p24 test should be very reliable--

I usually like to see an additional confirmatory test or two before being sure-- a HIV viral load and a negative (or indeterminate) ELISA/Western blot would establish that you have acute (or recent) HIV infection.

Early treatment (especially before your antibody test becomes fully positive) is thought to have significant benefits in preserving immune function, and perhaps lowering the "setpoint" viral load. It does not mean, however that the virus will dissappear when you stop therapy. Hence, early therapy is thought to be beneficial, but not a cure. BY

recently infected and worrying VL and CD4 counts
dropping cd4