Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

ELISA's/follow up question

Many thanks for answering my question on ELISA's and the strains of HIV they detect.

You mention using a Roche 1.5 test for suspected non B infection (which is my case). I had the Roche 1.5 test and a negative result. But I understand that the Roche 1.5 test only claims to detect subtypes A through G of HIV-1 M group. I was exposed where there are additional subtypes in the M Group (H, I and J). How do I get tested for these? I had a serious exposure, have a lot of bad symptoms and rapidly falling CD4 count and percent - is there an ELISA test or broader nucleic acid test (than the Roche 1.5 or bDNA) that would pick up all the M Group subtypes? I have been tested for O Group antibodies and that was negative, so it is the non B M Group subtypes that are my problem.

Many thanks.

Hello, I will need to do some research to answer your question. This question is better suited for the "understanding your labs" forum and I will follow up on it there. I have a few questions for you that help though. Where were you when you had the exposure and how long ago? What were your symptoms and CD4 counts and ratios? Thanks, GP

Ok
Reliability of Elisa Clarification Question?