3 years and need to change medicines?

31/2 years ago, I started on Sustiva, Zerit and Epivir. Though we got my virus load down from about 100,000 to around 4-500, it wasnt going to undetectable. At the time, my doctor theorized it was because of some resistance to the Epivir, so he added a 4th medicine to my regimin...Ziagen. Due to my fears of facial wasting, I switched this past February to Viread, Videx EC (250MG), and Sustiva 600MG. I have been undectable for the last 3 years on both the former and latter regimens. One of my friends stated that when I changed my first regimen, it was probably for the best since resistance usually happens in 3 years or so. If I continue to be over 99 compliant, is there any reason to believe that I will have to change my current regimen after 3 years? Is that recommended even if I stay undetectable? Thanks!

I disagree with your friend, in so much as resistance is not an inevitable event-- being adherent on a fully potent treatment regimen is the best way to prevent resistance from emerging.

There is no need to switch a regimen if it is well tolerated and your viral load is below level of quantitation ("undetectable").

Good luck. BY

anxiety and weeping and crying
Starting Treatment