Sep 2, 2003
HI Dr. Young,
Is it true that the immune system has the capacity to lyse the HIV infected cells? Because if so there is a possiblity of a cure right?
Response from Dr. Young
The basic problem is that many of the infected cells lie dormant ("latent") and are not detected by the immune system. Unfortunately, these cells can hang around for a very long time (upwards of decades). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Sit On A Toilet Seat That Has Blood You Can Get Aids?
- How Is Oral Thrush Transmitted?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Sharing A Joint?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Do People Get HIV From Sucking Penis?
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.