Time to add a new drug?

Doctor Drug history 1995-2000 Crixivan/combivir Viral load <50 (changed because it was hard to take,I added norvir but my lipids and sugars went crazy)

2000-2001 Viramue/combivir (after 9 months the virus broke through

2000-2003 Viramune/combivir/viread -virus undectable for about 1.5 years, then it begun to fluxuate from 200-1200, as of today is 270

After numerous trials to get a resistance results, the virus is always too low.

The doctor mentioned to add another medication. I dont want to go on Kaletra because of my diabetes and lipids, or something similar to that.

I can not take the medication that is the trizivir, not azt or epivir, dont remember the name, I was alergic to it.

I dont want to take d4t because of lipo issues.

What is next for me, I need to push the virus back to less than 50!!!

I am thinking of the new PI Rayatal with 100mgs norvir and then drop sothing else, but what, I dont know what works and not working.

Doctor give me your best shot thanks a lot John

Your idea of atazanavir (Reyataz) with norvir is not unsound-- it is a boosted protease inhibitor combination, likely more potent that the unboosted version, and most importantly for you, has promises fewer of the insulin/glucose and cholesterol issues of previous versions of boosted proteases. BY

Should I start treatment now ?
Is Viral Load a reliable barometer for starting antiretrovirals?