i don't care what anyone says, dave, i think you're alright!

dr. wohl

why do i have to be funny to get a response from you? anyway, thanks for reading this. what are your thoughts on the relationship between heightened cortisol levels and progression of hiv disease?

any thoughts on steroidogenesis inhibitors?

Actually you don't, but it helps.

What you are driving at, I believe, is the theory that cortisol (a chemical made in our adrenal glands) is made in excess in the setting of HIV infection and used inside of T-cells to do the virus' dirty work.

Proponents of this theory and similar ones in which HIV proteins act like cortisol, suggest that anti-cortisol drugs may help fight the effects of HIV.

We are now at the outer limits of my knowledge about this. I do know that some clinical studies of such agents are underway. DW

side effects and neuropathy
will trizivir get withdrawn from the market?