side effects and neuropathy

Dr Gerald Pierone Thank you the reply. My wife and I are so happy and in cloud9. doctor the side effect problems you said will start after how many years after starting the medicines if one is getting it. Are there any steps to keep taking to avoid if possible? Are there any tests which will give some signals so that care can be taken. please doctor give me reply. I have no other way to keep going other than requesting you doctors of the body . please help me. Doctor, I am the same person from India who is taking yours and dr young help and all your time. What to do doctor my bad condition physically and financially makes me to depend on you and wasting your time . Doctor, unless I work more than 60 hours and 6 days with the added meds cost I cannot keep the ends meet. Even sending this mail costs good money . doctor please reply my plea.

I am not aware of any proven way to predict or prevent the neuropathy that some people get from stavudine (d4T, Zerit). Some studies are underway with antioxidants (L-carnitine, vitamin E, selenium, etc.) However, most people do not get neuropathy, so be aware of it, but don't worry about it. Similarly, the side effect of subcutaneous fat wasting is unpredictable, but usually occurs later on therapy. If it does develop, it seems to slowly improve after change in therapy. Good luck.

facial wasting
i don't care what anyone says, dave, i think you're alright!