hiv/aids treatment

Hi, I was just curious to know if there is a possibility of using a radiopharmaceutical tagged to cd4 cells which can give an image of where the virus is localized and consequently a concurrent therapy can be used, combining radiation therapy to treat the cells with the virus and anti-retroviral drugs to prevent other cells from being infected. Has this been tried anywhere? I would greatly appreciate your response.

Regards,

Jasjit

I am not aware of this approach being tested in HIV infection. There are very innovative strategies using these combination approaches in certain cancers, but in those situations, the target is a malignant cell, not a virus.

friend in need of treatment.
my dad is HIV+