coming to the states

hi

I AM HIV POSATIVE AND I AM COMING TO THE UNITED STATES SOON. I COULD NOT OBTAIN A VIRAL LOAD OR T CELL COUNT BUT I HAD A COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT. EVERY THING WAS NORMAL AND THE WHITE CELL COUNT ITSELF WAS 6.2. DO YOU THINK ILL BE OK FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS UNTIL I CAN MAKE IT THERE FOR TREATMENT?

Response from Dr. Boyle

That is a tough question to answer given the limited amount of information provided. Some studies indicate that using the absolute lymphocyte count is one way of guestimating the CD4 count. Although it is not terribly reliable, if your lymphocyte count is greater than 1600 cells/mm3 than your CD4 count is likely to be greater than 200 cells/mm3. Of course, if your CD4 count is likely to be less than 200, then you should start prophylaxis against PCP. Good luck.

Changing meds
ENROLL IN A CLINICAL TRIAL LIKE ME IF INFECTED PLEASE POST!!!!!!!!!!