What is Tat toxoid????

I've seen many articles about Tat toxoid? I seen an article that state its entering Phase three trials in Italy. I did more research and find that very little trials are being done in the US utilizing this drug as a possible treatment for people already infected with HIV. I found one article stating that the University of Maryland was doing a study, but no results and nothing indicating the trial is still going on. DO you have any insight into this possible vaccine/treatment drug or injection. I looked on the Vaccines currently being studied in the US and its not their? Thanks

Tat toxoid is being studied as a candidate for therapeutic vaccine for HIV infection. The Tat protein is important for HIV replication and when chemically inactivated can be used as a vaccine. It does stimulate an immune response and has shown promise in primate models. Many new experimental HIV treatments and strategies are studied first in Europe and other countries before coming to the U.S. Are European investigators more creative and bolder? Is the U.S. research establishment more cautious (ossified perhaps)? There are many reasons for early uptake of new treatments overseas, but if things continue to look promising eventually the U.S. catches on and the studies are done here as well.

money
kaletra and combivir