AIDS Vaccine for HIV + Persons
Aug 19, 2003
I have a very stable viral load and high cd4 count. Not requiring treatment for a while. I am curious as to whether you believe that say in the next 10 years we may have an effective vaccine that will prevent the onset of AIDS in hiv + persons. Maybe, it's not a cure but, it would help the body's immune system effectively deal with HIV? What are your thoughts? Thanks Marco
Response from Dr. Wohl
A therapeutic HIV vaccine is possible and maybe will help augment immune responses to the virus. This may actually be the most sucessful application of an HIV vaccine in the near term. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.