AIDS Vaccine for HIV + Persons

Dr. Wohl,

I have a very stable viral load and high cd4 count. Not requiring treatment for a while. I am curious as to whether you believe that say in the next 10 years we may have an effective vaccine that will prevent the onset of AIDS in hiv + persons. Maybe, it's not a cure but, it would help the body's immune system effectively deal with HIV? What are your thoughts? Thanks Marco

Dear Marco-

A therapeutic HIV vaccine is possible and maybe will help augment immune responses to the virus. This may actually be the most sucessful application of an HIV vaccine in the near term. DW

when to start treatment ???
Unsure what to think