AIDS Vaccine for HIV + Persons
Aug 19, 2003
I have a very stable viral load and high cd4 count. Not requiring treatment for a while. I am curious as to whether you believe that say in the next 10 years we may have an effective vaccine that will prevent the onset of AIDS in hiv + persons. Maybe, it's not a cure but, it would help the body's immune system effectively deal with HIV? What are your thoughts? Thanks Marco
Response from Dr. Wohl
A therapeutic HIV vaccine is possible and maybe will help augment immune responses to the virus. This may actually be the most sucessful application of an HIV vaccine in the near term. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- My Mouth Is Full Of Canker Sores Do I Have Hiv
- Chances Of Having Hiv After Sex With An Hiv Positive Person
- How Long Can Hiv Survive In Saliva?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.