Aug 18, 2003
Hi I was just wondering what the average life expectancy is for a patient once they are diagnosed with HIV.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Average untreated life expectancy would be about 12 years. For those with treatment (turning back the clock)life expectancy would be expected to be near normal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Test Hiv Negative After 5 Weeks
- Cytomegalovirus And Natural Treatment
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.