Lower Meds Costs anytime soon???

I was just diagnosed and I'm considering treatment....I checked with my insurance and they only cover 60 of the cost of meds, so is still a lot of money that I will have to pay out of pocket. Is there any news of lower cost of this medications like Sustiva and Trizivir??? Is just crazy the prices of all the treatments... Thanks

I don't believe that we are going to see lower costs for HIV medications in the developed world anytime soon. Most of the profits for the companies come from the U.S. market and this is the financial engine that drives the global drug development process. There are some differences in cost of regimens, but not so much that it is a major factor in the drug selection decision of the average HIV treating physician. I have actually never done an analysis of how much the medications cost someone out of pocket (because we really don't have anyone paying for their own meds), but I will do this so stay tuned. In the meanwhile it might be worthwhile to check into your State drug assistance program and see if they have any capacity to help you with your high co-pays. Good luck.

Anabolic Therapies for HIV poz men
Hey dave is this possible?