This is quackery, but I want to know why

Bear with me, my question is in the next paragraph.

Recently I've been suspected of having herpes, though my lab hasn't come back in yet and there's a good chance that it was just a blister due to an ingrown hair. Here's to hoping.

During the time I was waiting for my lab, I did a lot of research into viruses, and a question I posed when I was much younger... if viruses are crysteline in nature, then why can't we harness resonance to destroy them? My knowledge of science is very basic (im studying engineering at the moment) but from what I can see, it could be a viable therapy. I _know_ there's something wrong with it, because all the places I look prepose it as quackery (IE. the research of one Royal Rife) But I don't know what. Can you help me understand what is wrong with this idea?

Thanks much,

-C

Very interesting concept, but you got me on this one. The only thing that I know about resonance is from the old Memorex commercials where the lady singer with the high pitched voice breaks the wine glass. So what is really wrong with your idea is that we don't have enough miniature singers with voices high enough to crack a billion HIV viruses a day. But given advances in miniaturization that allow us to swallow a camera to take pictures of our small intestines, maybe some day

v.load over 1000.000
"On Holiday From Trial, Scared"