Aug 6, 2003
can hiv progress without effecting cd4s (cd4 percentage)?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Progress. It depends by what you mean by this word. We gauge progression of HIV infection by a number of parameters including the decline in CD4 cell count and the development of HIV-related illnesses.
Generally, as HIV progresses, the CD4 cells drop and when they fall to low levels, HIV associated illnesses develop.
There are people who have HIV infection but have very low viral loads and stable and high CD4 cell counts. These people overwhelmingly do not get HIV related illnesses. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Does Stress Effect Vaginal Discharge?
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Will Titer Blood Work Show Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.