Dosing schedule vs. erratic work life

I will begin treatment next week for the first time. I'll be taking Sustiva & Combivir. My latest number are: VL = 159,000; T cells = 420. I am symptomatic with esophegeal herpes and a skin fungus, and I was recently treated for MRSA with two courses of Linezolid.

My question is about taking my new meds on time. My schedule is a little bit erratic. If I start by taking a Combivir at noon, then a Combivir and Sustiva at Midnight, will I have any room to play with the dosing if due to work/driving requirements, I want to take the Midnight dose a couple of hours earlier or later? I'm mainly concerned about the first month of treatment as I understand the dizzyness caused by Sustiva may clear after that time, but in general I need to know if I have a "window", or am I inviting problems by not being exact with my dosing schedule. Thanks.

With any antiretroviral medication regimen, the most important issue is taking the pills regularly (not missing doses). There is quite a bit of lee way for the actual hours or timing of doses; I usually tell my patients that a couple of hours around the scheduled 12 hour interval would be fine.

With regard to the dizziness side effect of efavirenz, if you find yourself waking with dizziness (or other typical side effects), you could easily take the medication a hour or even two before you go to bed.

Good luck. BY

Dying in India.....
Combivir & Sustiva