Would you try Sutherlandia?

Dear Experts,

I was wondering if you would try this Sutherlandia and see how it reacts against Hiv? Has anyone ever commented on the results of taking this?

http://www.sutherlandia.org/index.html

Thanks

Megan

Personally, if I was HIV infected (and living in the US, as I do), I wouldn't base my treatment decisions on the extracts from Sutherlandia (an African plant).

To my knowledge, there have not been any prospective clinical trials that have actually shown benefit, though this is not to say that there might not be activity from one or more of the compounds found within this plant. I would direct your attention to the point that in the website that you cite, there are no publications nor scientific presentations about activity in HIV-infected persons, only case reports about individuals.

We have multiple medications that have passed the test of reproducible, scientifically reviewed studies-- these are our currently licensed antiretroviral medications. Yes, we need more, and novel approaches to therapy, and do encourage us to look systematically for new compounds (as do the major pharmaceutical companies). But for now, given the proven benefit of our current ARVs, I wouldn't be gambling my health on unproven products. BY

Eight Months Later...
Enroll in a clinical Trial Like Me...Please Post!!!!