restated question

I know you cant predict the future but if each round of therapy lasts long enough for another fully suppressive combo is available is it likely that i will live my normal lifespan?

You're right in that we cannot predict the future, but I do think that HIV infected persons can live a normal- or near-normal lifespan. Certainly, the likelihood of much improved lifespan (greater than the average pre-HAART lifespan of 8-10 years) is very, very high.

Remember, though that HIV infection, even best treated, remains a chronic medical condition (like hypertension or diabetes). Persons with chronic medical conditions can and often do have somewhat shortened life expectancies, compared wiht "normal healthy" persons. Persons with HIV still will require long-term treatment with medications, and without such medications, the life expectancy essentially returns to that of persons in the preHAART days of the early 1990s.

What this all boils down to, is the idea that the old days of AIDS is largely replaced with an optimism that might very well play out to normal life expectancy-- this goal requires a lot of work, medical diligence and probably, just a little good luck. BY

False negative on VL tests?
Starting Fuzeon