Reyataz, Viread, Videc EC combination

My doctor just started me on a combination of Reyataz,Viread, and Videx EC and although I am happy with the once daily dosing, and low pill burden, I have read some articles on this and other sites that seem to suggest that this might not be a good combination. I am treatment naive, last labs were T-cell 367, VL 100,000 + Thanks!

I would definately NOT recommend taking tenofovir (Viread) with unboosted atazanavir (Reyataz), since the combination can result in significant reductions in the levels of atazanavir.

One option is to change the atazanavir from your current dose of 400 mg daily to a boosted version of 300 mg with 100 mg of ritonavir-- this should overcome this issue, but adds other issues, like increased pill burden and side effect potential.

Given that you're treatment naive, you have all of the options in our pharmacy to use-- I'd want to use the best possible treatment for you at this point, particularly since you don't (or shouldn't) have any issues with drug resistance.

If tenofovir lowers your taz levels, you might very well be at significant risk for premature treatment failure (or lack of response) and the irreversible complication that is drug resistance.

Please call your doctor as soon as possible to discuss this situation. BY

tipranavir in 2003 0r 2004?
Viral Load