Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

diagnosed and worried

Doc,

I tested posative. I am 20 years old and my last negative test was in 1999. I have had one unprotected exposure right after the negative test which means i mus have been infected for about almost 5 years. I am seeing a specialist but my appointment is A MONTH AWAY!! Isnt this dangerous considering the amout of time that i was infeted that i might devlop an oi within a month?

It probably isn't a problem to wait several weeks before seeing a HIV specialist after your diagnosis. So long as you're feeling well, there is little risk that you are having an opportunistic infection-- remember that this is a very slowly progressive disease (for the vast majority). BY

Hiv Deaths on Rise Again
what is considered normal numbers?