what to expect for the future
Jul 28, 2003
I am trying to get different doctors opinions on how long i can expect my cousin to live for. He was restored to good health after treatment. He is 29 years old and can i expect him to live until ripe old age if he takes his pills everyday. I heard that with advances in treatment posative people will live just as long as negative with antiretroviral treatment?
Response from Dr. Boyle
If your cousin is able to achieve an undetectable viral load (<50) and a good CD4 count (say over 200), AND he religiously takes his medications, he is likely to do very well and to live a relatively normal life in quality and duration.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.