Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

question for an expert

Do the predictions on life expectancy being made with only the current treatments. In other words experts predict decades of survival, how come they dont say normal lifespan, if the virus can be controlled that long why not forever?

This is probably a matter of sematics, but I never try to give the impression that we are more certain about life expectancy than we are-- since we are still dealing with a chronic medical condition that requires ongoing treatment (with substances that our bodies don't usually ingest), I'd think that "normal" lifespan might be a little to glib to state, but rather, that the liklihood of near- or intermediate-term complications of HIV infection are most likely to be prevented or postponed.

Who knows, perhaps normal life expectancy can happen. I do believe that this might be possible, but to make this as a factual statement would be misleading and under estimate the efforts that would be involved. BY

How is s-1360 Integrase Illustrating in Test Results?
VX-175, soon to approval?