going on meds a second time and scared.

was on meds for about a yr then off them becuz i did so well. now ,want to put me back on them my tcell was 406 lowest ever and viral load is over 100,000. had one more tcell after and went to 600. is it time for meds again?

Whether it is a good idea or not to restart your meds depends on several factors including why the medications were stopped, the lowest you CD4 cell count has ever been, if you have had any serious HIV-related illnesses and how you feel now.

That your CD4 cell counts is around 400-600 (?CD4%?) certainly does not seem to be a compelling reason for HAART restart even if the counts were much higher on therapy.

If you have not had a CD4 cell count below 200 in the past and no major AIDS illnesses, I am unsure of the rationale for re-initiating HIV RX now.

Epivir Resistance
TRIZIVIR OR NOT