new fill, bio alcmadid or radiance

I want to get some filling in of my gaunt face--it's from sun damage. I have a high vl and ok tcell count. Which material will be safest--new fill, radiance or bio-alcemed?

Sun damage? Are you sure you don't mean 'nuke' (as in nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor) damage?

Fat wasting of the face complicating HIV therapy is a difficult problem with a limited set of promising treatments.

Newfill is probably the best known therapy and involves the injection of polylactic acid into the face, invoking a reaction that leads to filling out of the hollows of the cheeks. So far, in the series of cases that have been reported of patients treated with the compound and clinical experience in Europe, it seems to be well tolerated - at least in the short run.

Radiance or Bioform (calcium hydroxylapatite, (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous polysaccharide gel) and Bio-Alacamid (97% apyrogenous water; the remaining 3% is polyalkylimide based) have mush less data to support their use. In addition, they are harder to get and very expensive.

Unfortunately, there just has not been the type of scrutiny of these products that are needed to address your question. In addition, some of the safety is operator dependent, meaning the person injecting this stuff in your face needs to be very good at it. At present, the comfort level with Newfill seems to be growing.

More info can be found at http://www.facialwasting.org/pages/869165/index.htm

Good luck - DW

Treatment for Minors
Estimating annual cost for treatment?