Treatment for Minors

I recently found out I have HIV and was told by my doctor that there is nothing I can do about getting help to pay for treatment unless my parents sign for me. I am a minor and cannot tell my parents about being infected. I was just wondering if there really is nothing I can do until I turn 18.

Depending in where you live (and how old you are) there may be options for you to pursue. If you live in the US, I would start by talking with a local AIDS Service Organization (also called an ASO) in your area. You can search for these on the internet or in a phone book.

I would also try your local health department. They might have some answers. Lastly, the teen AIDS hotline is a great resource and is run by a wonderful woman named Gretchen Durham. Call 1-800-440-TEEN. The teenline is available on Friday and Saturday nights between 6 pm and Midnight. Ask them to help locate an ASO and/or major HIV clinic in your area.

Let me know if none of this works and we will try plan B. DW

tested
new fill, bio alcmadid or radiance