|Does sterostim work?
Jul 19, 2003
Gooday to you sir. Does Sterostim work?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
For what specifically?
Serostim (growth hormone) can help with HIV related wasting (the kind that occurs when HIV therapy is not working and overall weight is dropping along with fat AND muscle - as opposed to selective fat wasting associated with HIV treatments). It has also been used to treat fat accumulation particularly of the back of the neck (buffalo hump).
It is expensive and has troublesome side effects. In addition, some of the conditions it treats return when the drug is stopped. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hepatitis Symptoms Can It Cause Your Breast To Lactation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.