|Does sterostim work?
Jul 19, 2003
Gooday to you sir. Does Sterostim work?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
For what specifically?
Serostim (growth hormone) can help with HIV related wasting (the kind that occurs when HIV therapy is not working and overall weight is dropping along with fat AND muscle - as opposed to selective fat wasting associated with HIV treatments). It has also been used to treat fat accumulation particularly of the back of the neck (buffalo hump).
It is expensive and has troublesome side effects. In addition, some of the conditions it treats return when the drug is stopped. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.