Geographic tongue, follow up Q

Thanks for your answer on geographic tongue. I spoke with my doctor too, who says that the cause is still unknown, but that some surmise that it could be related - in some cases - to an autoimmune problem or other immune issue.

My question is this: do you often see geographic tongue among your HIV patients? One doctor told me that it is fairly common with HIV patients (though not an HIV specific symptom), another told me that - for some reason - he sees far less geographic tongue in HIV patients than in HIV negative patients (?!). I would appreciate your experience and thoughts.

Thanks!

I see geo. tongue in both HIV-infected and HIV negative persons-- I'm not aware of any information about the prevalence of the condition-- so I can't say if it's more common in our population. BY

When does treatment begin?
tested posative starting soon