Jul 8, 2003
Could HPV or warts be easily contracted by sitting on the bench in a steam room? Does always sitting on your towel serve as some type of a barrier? How long do these virus remain alive in the hot, wet environment?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Generally, the contact you describe is extremely unlikely to be a method for transmission of HPV. Still using a towel to cover the bench in a steam room is alwqays a good idea.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Be Born With Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.