Jul 8, 2003
Could HPV or warts be easily contracted by sitting on the bench in a steam room? Does always sitting on your towel serve as some type of a barrier? How long do these virus remain alive in the hot, wet environment?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Generally, the contact you describe is extremely unlikely to be a method for transmission of HPV. Still using a towel to cover the bench in a steam room is alwqays a good idea.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.