Early PN impact on treatment

If severe polyradiculopathy (with muscle twitching in legs and arms, etc.) is diagnosed in first six months of infection, how does this impact choices of HIV treatment? If viral load is undetectable, with the PN resulting from virus in brain, will HIV meds help at all? What does the presence of early PN mean for longer term prognosis? Thanks for your advice.

While I'm not sure of studies that address this situation; in my experience, the prognosis for persons with neurological complications of HIV don't really differ from the general population-- there are some who advise using medications that penetrate the spinal fluid (like indinavir), but in practice, this has not made a tremendous difference.

So in the end, yes medications can help-- I'd still want potent and easy to take medications. Which ones? I supose that this depends on the particulars of your situation and the experience of your health care provider. BY

advice please
Please update me