Partner off meds
Jul 2, 2003
My partner has been off of his meds for a year now. We are both posative and we wanna stop using condoms, can we without risk of spreading his resistance to me since he has been off for so long?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Who knows? Really. No one knows what swarming in your or your partner's genital secretions. Maybe wild type virus without resistance, maybe a few drug resistance strains of human immunodeficiency virus that are hanging around to see what happens.
Even assuming monogomy (?!) there are no guarantees. Sorry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Can Seroconversion Take Place After 10 Weeks?
- Does Lambskin Condom Look Different From Latex?
- Does Washing Hands Prevent HIV Transmission?
- Handjob From Stripper After Touching Vagina Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.