Really need some advice here

Hey Doc!,

OK..here I go. I've testeed negative out to 12 months post exposure with no other exposures. Negative ELISA HIV1\2, WB, P24 Antigen and PCR DNA @ 3 Weeks. Neg ELISA HIV1\2 @ 8 Weeks, Neg ELISA HIV1\2 @ 12 weeks - CD4's 1100 ratio CD4\CD8 1.2. Negative ELISA HIV1\2, WB, P24 Antigen and PCR DNA @ 8 months. Negative ELISA HIV1\2, WB, P24 Antigen and PCR DNA @ 12 months. I got Shingles at the 9 month stage. After 12 months finally confessed to my wife about having sex with sex worker and stopped using condoms with my wife. My wife and I are pretty cool now and planning a baby....if only I told the truth to begin with!!?? Anyway since we stopped using condoms my wife has tested negative at 2 months and 7 months.

DOC IS IT TOTALLY SAFE FOR US TO HAVE A BABY AND TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY WIFE AGAIN. ************* I MEAN WOULD I BE THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLD TO BE POZ AND TO STILL HAVE ALL THESE TESTS NEGATIVE *************

Oh by the way man you f**k'n rock. Oh and what about the shingles man...is that anything I should be worried about in relation to HIV and the sex worker was an Asian lady so do I have to worry about any weird clades?

Pete in Oz

Dear Pete -

Your tests clearly define you as being HIV negative. I think it would be fairly impossible for you to harbor HIV and not have any of these tests come back positive.

I think you are safe. Please don't name your kid after me. DW

Enough testing?
Starting Medicine