|Lithium and T-cell count?
Jul 2, 2003
I take 1200mg a day of Lithium for Bipolar disorder. When I got my inital T4 count, it was 240, though my viral load was only 28,000.
Apparently Lithium lowers T4 counts, but I can't find any information on by how much. Do any of you know about how much Lithium lowers T4 counts?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
I performed a literature seach on lithium and CD4 cells and was not able to find evidence that lithium lowers T cells (CD4 cells).
I did find one study from 1988 that showed no impact on CD4 cells by lithium treatment in a group of 10 men with HIV infection (see link).
If your source has any references I would be glad to follow up. Hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Adult Oral Thrush Symptoms
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.