Guy from the clinic again

Doctor,

My second question is that if people say....Well, how can I live a full lifespan with a drug resistant virus what do I tell them?

It is possible to have a good prognosis with drug resistant virus, but this really depends on how resistant the virus is, what available treatment options exist.

So, in the worst-case, if the virus is multiply drug resistant, then the prognosis is actually not so good-- and the hopes for achieving an undetectable virus load low.

In better cases, the stakes are still high, with the real need to find the best tolerated, most potent regimen to suppress the virus. With each subsequent treatment failure, there is a greater and greater risk of acquiring addtional drug cross resistance and shorter duration of the antiviral effect of medications. So, getting it right (right meds, right side effects, right adherence, so to speak) is really important. BY

Fvers
how long is a resistance test good for??