Cure Question

doc,

Is there any way to prevent aids in people with hiv. i kno there isnt a cure but people who take their meds correctly will they die from aids? I heard oi's are rare now.

You're right. There isn't a cure for HIV infection, but appropriate use (and adherence) to HIV medications can prevent progression to AIDS, prevent opportunistic infections and death.

The rates of opportunistic infections declined rapidly after the commonplace use of HAART therapy. (I'd refer you to a publication by Palella, and colleages in the 1998 New England Journal of Medicine for support). BY

question about a previous post
The real danger?