Jul 1, 2003
Is there any way to prevent aids in people with hiv. i kno there isnt a cure but people who take their meds correctly will they die from aids? I heard oi's are rare now.
| Response from Dr. Young
The rates of opportunistic infections declined rapidly after the commonplace use of HAART therapy. (I'd refer you to a publication by Palella, and colleages in the 1998 New England Journal of Medicine for support). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
- Is Stringy Vaginal Discharge A Side Effect From Provera?
- Any Cases Reported Of HIV By Spitting Blood In Eyes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.