Is it safe yet?
Jun 28, 2003
My partner has been off medications for about 11 months now. And i have never been on treatment...is it safe to have unprotected sex with the risk of resistance transmission?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Probably not. If your partner had drug resistant virus, some of the resistance mutations may persist for years. So in this situation it makes sense to be cautious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Have The Antibodies For Hep C What Does That Mean
- If The Woman Already Has Hiv Can A Man Get It Through Vaginal Sex?
- Is Molluscum Contagiosum A First Indication Of Hiv?
- What Not To Eat When You Have Thrush?
- Can Semen On Your Breast Cause Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To Develop Antibodies To Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.