Is it safe yet?
Jun 28, 2003
My partner has been off medications for about 11 months now. And i have never been on treatment...is it safe to have unprotected sex with the risk of resistance transmission?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Probably not. If your partner had drug resistant virus, some of the resistance mutations may persist for years. So in this situation it makes sense to be cautious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.