Is it safe yet?
Jun 28, 2003
My partner has been off medications for about 11 months now. And i have never been on treatment...is it safe to have unprotected sex with the risk of resistance transmission?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Probably not. If your partner had drug resistant virus, some of the resistance mutations may persist for years. So in this situation it makes sense to be cautious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Cephalexin Cure Chlamydia
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Can You Get HIV From Sharing Foods Or Drinks?
- HIV SHARING A LANCET WITH BLOOD
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.