5 weeks phenotype test

Doctor as of June 3 my vl was 1200. The doctor order a phenotype and genotype test. They told at the doctor's office to make an appointment in 4-5 weeks because that's when the test results will be sent to them. I am afraid that 5 weeks is a long time to wait on existing meds and I am afraid resitance will get worst. what do you think? thanks J

While we worry about what happens in between the time that the first viral load is detected and the results of resistance testing, in practice, this probably isn't too much of a problem-- particularly since your doctor has gotten your testing when your viral load was still quite low and seems to be doing the "right" thing in managing your situation.

It wouldn't be bad to discuss this issue with your doctor, to see if he or she has alternative views, and as well to see if the results will come in sooner- this is often the case with newer testing technologies (we often get labs back within 3 weeks now). BY

Viread, Sustiva, and Videx
Just a simple question