Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

time left

My husband just found out he has aids. His viral load is 200000 and cd4 is 20. He has had thrush, herpes, night sweats, and pcp. I have read that in this stage that a person usually lives 18-24 months is this true?

The life expectancy for persons with AIDS really depends on whether there is access to care and medications.

Assuming that this is the case, and assuming that your husband is able and willing to adhere to medications, then I would project a life expectancy that is much longer than 2 years-- indeed, with just a little luck, decades of survival are possible.

It is really important to find experienced care and someone who can answer your many questions about treatment options and side effect management. It is clear that your husband should start on a potent antiretroviral regimen in the near future.

Good luck. BY

So Confused: Follow-Up
2 questions..starting treatment