not enough drug
Jun 9, 2003
dr If i am on a suppressive regimen of say three drugs, would would adding a fourth from time to time do any harm.Could it possibly catch any resistance before it became a problem or would the sub-optimal dose be a magnet for mutations. Thanks
Response from Dr. Young
In general, if you're doing well on your three drug regimen, I would not recommend adding a forth medication.
The question does hint at asking if your current regimen is, let's say, as potent as possible or as adhereable as possible. If not, this might be a reasonable time to see if your regimen could use a tune up. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Mono And Hiv In One Blood Test?
- Cases Of Hiv Through Pre-chewed Food
- Dog Blood And Hiv Infection From Dogs?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.