Marijuana Story

Hello Doctor,

I was wasting and now that i am on treatment my t cells seem to be rebounding and i have been able to eat and i have gained weight because of marijuana. Does marijuana have any affect on the potency of my drugs? Also if my cells keep rebounding can i die of natural causes one day?

In general, the moderate use of marijuana is not associated with the reduction of potency of antiretroviral medications.

As for life expectancy-- there are so many variables that affect this, but if you're able to adhere to your treatment regimen (and have increasing CD4 cell counts), I'd expect a very good long-term prognosis.

Good luck. BY

Virus too weak for a genotype test?
questions